The CAU HAN COMMUNITY based development PROJECT
If you want to learn more about us, you’re in the right place.
The HCWA established the Cau Han Project in 1997 as a development project for communities affected by HIV and AIDS, for impoverished and at-risk children and for the domestic labour migrant communities of District 7, Ho Chi Minh City. Over the last 23 years, the Cau Han Project has provided support to thousands of children, supporting basic needs, protecting Children’s Rights and providing education and crucial services for vulnerable children and marginalized communities.
We do not only provide support to people already in dire need, we also challenge issues in society with the aim of prevention. We have been giving non-biased, non-discriminatory, factual workshops and educational programmes on taboo subjects for almost 20 years.
Looking forward to working with you all in the future!
Address: 45/6 Bis Tran Xuan Soan, Tan Thuan Tay Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City.
Project Manager: Mr. Nguyen Ngoc Phuc
Phone: (+84) (28) 3872 1980
- General Objetives
- Specific Objectives
- Key activities
- The networking of protection and education of children at high risks of HIV/AIDS infection is maintained and comprehensively developed.
- Communities, families and children are empowered in the care and protection of children and youths from HIV/AIDS infection.
- Children and youths in difficult circumstances get educational and professional support which aims to help reduce risky activities of HIV/AIDS infection that children may be involved in.
Children and communities affected by HIV/AIDS, migrant children and their families, and impoverished children and their families in and around the District 7 area.
- Provide direct support to children and families who are infected with or at high risk of HIV/AIDS.
- Organize monthly meetings among project staff members and children and families who are infected with or at high risk of HIV/AIDS.
- Train the volunteers and the peer groups (TOT training) on different topics.
- Organize community education on HIV/AIDS, child trafficking, life skills, reproductive health, etc.
- Organize quarterly forums about HIV/AIDS for children and people in the local communities.
- Organize a painting contest on HIV/AIDS for children in the local communities.
- Organize charity/informal classes for children or youths in the local communities who early dropped out of school.
- Support scholarships to poor children who are at high risks of dropping out of school.
- Provide counseling, job orientation and financial support for at-risk youths to attend vocational training and be arranged with job placement.
- Training of trainers class to the core group of children.
Tel: (+84) (28) 3840 1406
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 85/65 Pham Viet Chanh Street, Ward 19, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City.